Welcome! I started this blog because I love to craft. I dabble with scrap booking, and card making. I love bending, folding and tweaking paper. I try other crafts, too. I hope to share some projects with you.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Paper Making Part 2

   First I showed how to make the paper making box, now here are the instructions that I promised. I asked Mark to try and just take pictures of what I was doing. I didn't want to be in the pictures. I didn't want everyone to know that I was an old fat woman. The jig is up. Now everyone knows. Like I promised you will see just how easy that it is to make your own paper.

   First you put 2 cups of warm water into your blender. Then you tear up some scrap paper. The rule of thumb is one piece of paper ( I use a little more) makes one sheet of paper.

   Then you blend it until it is ground into pulp. Remember to hold on the lid when you start your blender. If you don't it will throw paper and water all over. After I start the blender, I leave it running while I get everything set up.

   I assemble the box. Lay the wooden frame with the hardware cloth on facing up. Then lay the screen on top of that.


                                                    Using the velcro straps secure it together.

                   Then ease it into a sink that has a couple of inches of water in, with the screen at the bottom.

                                    Then pour the paper pulp from your blender into the box.

 Gently move it around by wiggling your fingers around, being careful not to rub it against the bottom of the box.

                        Carefully and slowly lift the box out of the sink keeping it as level as possible.

     Then you carefully release the velcro straps and lift the bottom wire frame with the paper pulp on it away. Being careful not to disturb the paper pulp.

  Place another piece of screen over it while it is still on the frame. Use a sponge to soak up the excess water. There will be a lot of water. Then flip it over removing the wire frame. Carefully peel  away the top screen.

              At this point I lay a piece of felt over it and press down hard to remove even more water.

   Then I remove the felt blotter. I pick it up using the bottom screen and move it where I will leave it lay to air dry.


   I turn it over as I lay it out to dry on another piece of felt. Now I remove the bottom screen and stand back and wait for it to dry.

   There, I told you it was easy and it is. The whole process takes two or three minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to dry. If you are in a hurry you can press it with an iron.

Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment