The pink daisy background is paste paper. This is made by making a paste from either cornstarch or flour. It is then colored with whatever medium that you choose whether it be watercolor or acrylics. Then using either a brush or palet knife spread on white card stock. Then while it is wet it is stamped into or given a pattern with whatever you choose. It usually takes overnight to dry. A friend showed me this while I was visiting her a short time ago. We had so much fun doing it that we did it two different times. The green bottom border is made from my own handmade paper as are the small white daisies that have pink Liquid Pearls in the center. I used pink rick-rac where the two papers came together. The butterfly wings are felt. I purchased them at Michale's. I folded them in half and then applied glitter. The body and head are rhinestones. I drew the antenna using a gel pen.
The background for this card is double-sided scrapbook paper. Using my Silhouette I cut the center disk and the border from double-sided paper and folded them making the opposite side up. The butterfly was stamped on transparent velum using Mica embossing powder. I then colored the wings using pearlized watercolors. I stamped two copies. I then cut both out and using only the top wings of the second I used a pop dot to layer it over the first. I blended acrylic paints to match the colors of the paper and painted a paper flower to match. I glued a large pearl in the center.
I stamped on scrapbook paper that looked like sky using two shades of purple for the flower. I drew in the stems with a gel pen. I mounted it on a piece of white card stock that I edged with platinum acrylic paint. I stamped the butterfly on a transparency using black Staz-On. I then turned it over and on the back I colored it with permanent markers. I then lifted and moved the colors around using 91% alcohol and a cotton ball. I wadded up aluminum foil and then carefully un-wadded it and then rolled it flat. I then ran my butterfly through a sticker maker with the colored side down. Then I put it on the foil and pressed it down. Then I trimmed the butterfly and using pop dots I attached it to the card.
THESE ARE THE CARDS IN THE SWAP
There were three of these ATC's by Mary but the post office brutalized them. I was able to fix one, but sadly the other was really beyond help. It was sad to see because they were so beautiful.
This was a lot of fun. When I mailed these cards out I was sure sad to see them go. I really enjoyed seeing them hanging in my studio. Now that they are gone it sure looks empty.